"Your Safety First!"
Bartell Hotels New Health & Safety Plan and Updated Business Operations
*Updated As Of June 7, 2021
Pacific Terrace Hotel is open and ready to welcome you in compliance with the latest California and San Diego County Guidelines. As travel resumes, our dedication to providing a safe and comfortable experience for our guests remains of the utmost importance. Please continue reading to learn about our onsite health & safety guidelines, and what you can expect while you "relax and enjoy" your next visit to our San Diego hotel!
*Effective June 15, 2021, California will lift requirements for distancing, capacity and face masks. Unvaccinated individuals are encouraged to continue wearing a face mask until they are vaccinated.
Your Safety And Wellbeing Is Our Top Priority
“Your Safety First!” was developed in June 2020, in response to the current COVID-19 pandemic as part of our ongoing commitment to ensuring the health and well-being of all our guests, colleagues and the communities we work and live in. Listed below is a summary of our plans, procedures and protocols that outline exactly how we intend to keep our colleagues, guests, and communities safe, outlined by department.
Property In General
We have augmented our health and sanitation protocols across the properties for everyone's safety and peace of mind.
- Guests are provided with face coverings as needed.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning and sanitizing in all public spaces with an emphasis on frequent contact surfaces including, but not limited to, front desk check-in counters, bell desks, lobby tables and chairs, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms, room keys and locks, ATMs, escalator and stair handrails, dining surfaces and seating areas.
- Hand sanitizing stations are positioned at every entrance, at every elevator landing, at ice and vending machines, and outside of public restrooms.
We have increased the cleaning and sanitizing schedule of all front desk and lobby areas, with an emphasis on frequently contacted surfaces, and updated procedures for interactions between guests and host staff.
- Registration is paperless.
- Key cards are sanitized before and after each use.
- Guest check-out is express and paperless; all folios are emailed with a paper copy only upon request
Updated Housekeeping Policies
Our housekeeping policies have been modified to support the health and safety of our guests and team members.
- In the case of a positive or presumptive positive case of a guest having Covid-19, the guest’s room will be removed from service, quarantined, and double-locked. The room will only be returned to service after undergoing an enhanced sanitization protocol performed by a licensed third-party service.
Pool, Fitness and Outdoor Recreation
Restaurants, Bars and In-Room Dining
We offer dining on property with great service, high quality and delicious food, and refreshing beverages, served in a comfortable and beautiful atmosphere.
- We offer a breakfast menu in the morning and an all-day menu through the evening available for dining service on our poolside patio.
- For breakfast, lunch and dinner, hot and cold food and beverage items are individually wrapped, sanitized and ready to carryout by guests or available for contact-less room service delivery.
- With a direct bill to your guestroom, the transaction is contactless.
- You may pick up snacks and other convenience items at the carryout counter in addition to food.
- In our outdoor seating areas, tables are marked with a “ready” sign after they have been sanitized, so you know where you can safely sit and enjoy your meal.
- Be sure to visit our A La Carte Breakfast Kiosk for quick, to-go bites!
Employee Protocols & Administrative Areas
Safety starts behind the scenes. We’re taking extra steps in our administrative areas to ensure our team members’ safety and help them carry best practices forward to you. We have implemented these important steps:
- All employees must undergo temperature and symptom checks prior to starting each shift, wash their hands every 60 minutes for 20 seconds, wear face masks and gloves, be trained on Covid-19 protocols, and monitor and enforce social distancing at all times.
- Employee arrival, departure, break and meal times are staggered to minimize traffic volume in back of house corridors and service elevators.
- Employees do not report to work if they are feeling ill.
- Employees are required to report to management if they believe they have been exposed to anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or if they observe others who may be displaying symptoms consistent with COVID-19.
I want to thank you again for your support during this challenging time, and we look forward to serving you and your family on your next visit to Pacific Terrace Hotel