What’s New in San Diego For 2024
San Diego is renowned for its sun-kissed beaches, endless activities, and fantastic “foodie” culture. And 2024 brings new San Diego events, restaurant openings, and attraction park exhibits to look forward to as well! If you’re looking to fill your calendar with the best of San Diego’s foodie and activity scene, read on to explore the latest and greatest San Diego experiences in store for the year ahead.
We’ve got a lot of exciting updates and seasonal specials to come in 2024, and we can’t wait to share it all with you! Blog insiders rejoice- here’s a sneak peek into some of this year’s happening- and you’re hearing it first!
Seasonal sips: Guests can enjoy a variety of fantastic seasonal cocktail specials, perfect for sipping poolside or from your beachfront rooms throughout the year. Our updated winter specials will be announced soon, as well as upcoming St. Patrick’s Day favorites- stay tuned to our social channels and newsletters for these announcements!
Coastal Couples in Love: Our Valentine’s Day Romance Package and special amenity packages are dropping very soon- perfect for those looking to plan a romantic escape to our beachfront paradise. Visit our special offers page to choose the package that’s right for you in 2024!
Hotel Renovations & Upgrades: We have recently renovated our gorgeous Terrace Cafe and inviting Lobby areas, but there is more to come in 2024! Follow along with us @pacificterrace to stay in the loop on some of the room and property upgrades we’ll be making in the first half of the year. Not only will our hotel have amazing views from the rooms, but in them as well!
Summer’s on Fire with the return of Fire Dance Friday and Poolside Patio performances. Mark your calendars now and warm up with thoughts of a summer vacay to our Pacific Beach hotel. Picture it now- lazy summer evenings spent mingling with hotel guests on our Poolside Terrace, while you sip cool coladas and enjoy live music and fire-spinning shows- as fiery orange sunsets disappear into the Pacific behind you. We can’t wait!
(Photo: Kenneth G)
Exciting New Openings To Try in 2024
If it’s your New Year’s resolution to “try new things”, then we have you covered. The bars and restaurants noted below are just some of the exciting new openings to enter San Diego’s dining scene in 2024. See below for some of the new establishments we’re excited to try!
La Corriente Cocina– (3.3 miles)
Early 2024, San Diego welcomes the much-anticipated arrival of La Corriente Cocina, the renowned Mexican seafood restaurant chain’s first U.S. location. With its commitment to showcasing authentic flavors and culinary traditions from the Pacific coast of Mexico, La Corriente Cocina promises a dining experience that transports guests to sun-drenched shores and vibrant seaside towns, all while savoring delectable dishes crafted with fresh and sustainably sourced ingredients.
456 Pearl St, La Jolla, CA 92037
Cellar Hand (10 miles)
This oenophile’s hideaway is the brainchild of the family-owned Central Coast winery, Pali Wine Co. After captivating wine enthusiasts with its intimate tasting room in Little Italy, Pali is expanding its footprint with its first full-service indoor-outdoor restaurant in Hillcrest this month. Guests can look forward to savoring an exquisite selection of wines paired with farm-to-table dishes crafted with locally sourced ingredients, creating a harmonious blend of flavors and ambiance.
1440 University Ave, San Diego, CA 92103
Cork & Batter (10.5 miles)
Spring brings the opening of Cork & Batter, a bungalow-style restaurant set to grace Seaport Village‘s Lighthouse District. Helmed by the visionary minds behind Sugar Factory, Cork & Batter is poised to become a can’t-miss culinary destination, offering guests a diverse menu featuring an eclectic mix of flavors and cuisines, all complemented by a curated selection of beverages that promise to inspire the palate and ignite the senses.
849 W Harbor Dr, San Diego, CA 92101
Enlitenment (11 miles)
This eagerly anticipated Asian-fusion eatery is set to open its doors in the historic Gaslamp District this year. With a chic ambiance that’s part bar and part dining destination (with a dash of sophisticated Zen garden and dayclub thrown in for flavor), Enlitenment is sure to be a hotspot from the moment the doors open. With a menu that’s been curated to tantalize taste buds with items like Korean crispy chicken sandwiches and Eastern-inspired small plates, Enlitenment promises a gastronomic journey unlike anything else in town.
827 Fifth Ave, San Diego, CA 92101
San Diego’s New & Noteworthy Events & Announcements for 2024
We’ve given you a variety of new restaurants to explore in the new year- let’s not forget to mark our calendars for the new San Diego events we’re looking forward to in 2024 as well!
- SeaWorld San Diego’s Interactive Jellyfish Showcase: Dive into the mesmerizing world of jellyfish as SeaWorld San Diego unveils its latest attraction, offering visitors a captivating glimpse into the ethereal beauty of these aquatic creatures. This interactive exhibit is “the first of it’s kind” for SeaWorld parks, and features multiple aquariums and hands-on experience with these translucent treasures!
- San Diego Natural History Museum 150th Anniversary: Celebrate a century and a half of discovery and exploration as Balboa Park‘s Natural History Museum marks its 150th anniversary with special exhibitions, a giant screen movie, free birthday admission, and programs that showcase the rich biodiversity and cultural heritage of our planet.
- Dino Valley at LEGOLand California: Embark on a prehistoric adventure as LEGOLand California debuts Dino Valley, offering guests an immersive experience that transports them back in time to when giant lizards roamed the earth.
- Wonderfront Music & Arts Festival: Experience the magic of live music, art, and culture as the Wonderfront Music & Arts Festival returns to the waterfront Embarcadero area after a year hiatus. This 3-day festival features an eclectic lineup of artists, performers, and attractions that promise to inspire and entertain audiences of all ages.
- Balboa Park’s Botanical Park Reopening: Reconnect with nature as Balboa Park’s Botanical Park reopens its gates, offering visitors a serene oasis amidst the hustle and bustle of city life. Enjoy lush gardens, tranquil pathways, and vibrant flora that captivate the senses.
- Gallagher Square/Petco Park Renovations: Experience America’s favorite pastime like never before as Petco Park unveils some brand-new renovations, enhancing the fan experience with upgraded amenities, state-of-the-art facilities, and exciting events that celebrate the spirit of sport.
- KAABOO Music Festival Returns: Round out the year with a musical extravaganza as the KAABOO Music Festival returns to San Diego, featuring an all-star lineup of artists, performers, and attractions that promise to make it a weekend to remember.
- Beyond Monet at Del Mar Fairgrounds: The popular interactive exhibit, ‘Beyond Van Gogh’ returns to the fairgrounds alongside a brand new sister show, ‘Beyond Monet’. Immerse yourself in iconic paintings as they come to life, creating an unforgettable and visually stunning experience.
From culinary delights to music festivals and cultural celebrations, San Diego promises an array of experiences that cater to every taste and interest this year, and there’s no better place to experience it than Pacific Terrace! Make sure you’re signed up to receive our emails so you can plan your visit with one of our special offers! You don’t want to miss out on our new special menus and exciting onsite events in the year ahead.