Kids "dig" pacific terrace!The Pacific Terrace Hotel, with its direct access to the sandy beach below, is the perfect choice for families with kids. The hotel is located in the heart of a classic beach town in an area full of opportunities for recreation and pleasure for kids and adults alike.
Beach Boys (and girls!) will love the complimentary sand toys that they can borrow from the hotel, and they can make a splash with the free boogie board rentals. Tired of sand between your toes? Play Marco Polo with a view in our oceanfront, heated pool. Or stroll to the Baked Bear for a yummy, gooey ice cream and cookie sandwich. Jump on one of our bikes and take a ride down the colorful beach boardwalk to explore quirky souvenir stands, or ride a bit further to Belmont Park, one of San Diego's best beach landmarks.
Sun-sational San Diego Activities for Kids
- Ride the historic, ocean view Giant Dipper Roller Coaster at Belmont Park
- See how many different sea creatures you can find at the Point Loma Tide Pools
- Get up close and personal with a giant of the sea on a Whale Watching Tour.
- Learn to snorkel & kayak and explore the La Jolla Sea Caves
- Visit the Sea Lions at the La Jolla Children's Pool
- Get your Fun Town driver's license at the Volvo Driving School in Legoland.
- Dine with Shamu or meet, touch and feed Dolphins in SeaWorld's Dolphin Interaction Program.
- Go see a show at the Marie Hitchcock Puppet Theater in Balboa Park.
- Feed Giraffes on a Photo Safari Caravan in the San Diego Zoo Safari Park.
- Riding the Balboa Park Train & Carousel. They are classics!
- Boogie Board!
- Learn to surf.